COVID-19 Update from A Touch of Ginger
Effective March 19, 2020, A Touch of Ginger has suspended in-office treatments through March 30th based on the recommendation from the Illinois Society of Acupuncturists. Closing the office was a difficult decision to make, but your health and safety is my highest priority. As COVID-19 continues to impact a growing number of people, it is critical to prevent exposure and slow the spread through limited contact with others.
It is especially important during this time to continue to maintain your health and ease stress by taking herbal medicine and receiving acupuncture.
I will be adjusting my services to accommodate and support you as much as possible during this closure by providing two alternative treatment options. To ease the financial burden of healthcare, the alternative treatments will be available at a discounted rate.
Alternative Treatment Options
Herbal Telephone Consultation – $49 per session, plus the cost of herbs.
- A 20-minute phone call will be scheduled to discuss symptoms and concerns.
- A custom herbal formula will be developed to relieve symptoms.
- The herbal formula can be picked up in the office or curbside at A Touch of Ginger, or sent by mail for an additional $8 in postage.
Do-It-Yourself Acupuncture (DIYacu) with video consultation – $49 per session, plus a one-time fee of $72 for the Pulsar Plus Piezo Stimulator device, which is a handheld device that stimulates acupuncture points with an electric pulse.
- A health status questionnaire will be emailed 48 hours prior to the video call.
- The questionnaire should be completed and sent back the same day.
- Information and instructions will be emailed the day before the video call.
- A 20-minute video call will take place using Facetime, Skype, or Zoom, depending on preference. During the call, I will provide guidance and instruction as you stimulate specific acupuncture points.
- This treatment protocol can then be repeated on a daily basis, until seen in the office, or until symptoms are resolved.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment for an Alternative Treatment Option, contact the office at (630) 299-3464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On March 31st, I plan to resume regular in-office appointments. To make an appointment for an in-office treatment beginning March 31st or after, click here to schedule online.
During this challenging time, you can always count on A Touch of Ginger to be there for you and your family. I am certain the alternative options will help continue to deliver quality healthcare. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Ginger Michels, L.Ac. Dipl. O.M., MSTOM, DCCM, FICEAM
Board Certified Herbalist
A Touch of Ginger LLC – A place of healing and health