Cupping is a simple yet effective procedure used in China, Russia and Eastern Europe. Suction is created in a cup with a pneumatic device, which pulls up the skin, muscle, lymph fluids, blood and fascia. This action draws deep stagnation of the body fluids up to the surface as well as stagnated Qi, allowing the body to fulfill its natural cleansing process by dispelling these toxins. It also brings fresh oxygenated blood full of nourishment to the treatment area to heal the tissues and improve circulation.
- The cup goes on the affected area or appropriate acupuncture channel.
- Examples of some of the conditions that can be treated include headaches, sinus congestion/pressure, dental problems, back pain, neck pain, emotional issues and anger issue.
- Grapeseed oil is applied on the affected area of the skin.
- A pneumatic device is used to introduce suction into the cup.
- The cup is slid back and forth along the affected area.
- Examples of some of the conditions that can be treated include dental problems, neck pain, back pain and reduced range of motion.